Paralegal/Legal Assistant needed for growing law firm in Edina, MN, working in the area of family law. This position could choose to work in our Woodbury location or our Edina location. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident self-starter who can work independently and act with tact and good judgment. Candidate must be proactive and willing to take initiative and ownership. Must have family law experience, including e-filing. Must have 5+ years of prior legal experience, as well as strong computer, proofreading and word processing skills. Organization skills and attention to details a must. Competitive salary and benefits. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Provides secretarial support to attorneys or paralegals
- Prepares correspondence of a confidential nature
- Arranges meetings and appointments, calendars same
- Prioritizes mail
- Answers routine correspondence
- Answers, screens, directs and places telephone calls
- Obtains and maintains working knowledge of attorney’s area of practice
- Enters time sheets for attorneys
- Has knowledge/is familiar with specialized legal policies, procedures, formats and terminology.
- Assists the firm’s lawyers in the delivery of legal services.
- May also, under the supervision of a lawyer, perform substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts.
- May draft legal documents; compile, analyze and summarize data, perform legal research through computerized networks
- May utilize software applications/databases to manage complex legal matters
- May have client contact.
- Prepare expense reports on behalf of attorney.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have 5+ years of prior legal experience, as well as strong computer, proofreading and word processing skills. Organization skills and attention to details a must.