Hellmuth & Johnson is seeking a Manager of Business Development and Marketing for our growing law firm. The Manager of Business Development and Marketing will collaborate with the Director of Marketing to align business development initiatives with the firm’s strategic and financial goals. This highly visible team member will work closely with H&J attorneys to develop and implement business development initiatives to help drive new business from both existing clients and prospects and foster a culture of collaboration and cross-selling. This role entails a high level of attorney contact and visibility and requires skillful communication, proactive and creative thinking, and adept workload prioritization.
This candidate must be a confident self-starter with a preferred knowledge of the legal industry or practice-related professional field. They must have the ability to gain an understanding of the firm’s profile and place in the market, build trust and rapport with attorneys and key stakeholders, and support the business development and marketing functions of the firm. They will work with the Business Development and Marketing (BDM) team to increase attorney and firm visibility, name recognition, and the awareness of legal services available among potential and existing clients.
Please note: resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and individual attorneys to identify, plan, implement, and track progress on business development activities. Drive progress and ensure follow-through to keep individuals on task in a fast-paced and busy law firm.
- Assist in the proactive identification of new potential areas of service for clients based on deep knowledge of the firm’s clients, industries, and geographical markets.
- Work with attorneys to provide support and guidance on business development activities such as presentations, networking opportunities, sponsorships, and client outreach.
- Work with the BDM Team to expand practice/industry visibility and enhance the firm’s profile in a variety of ways, including seminars, webinars, client alerts, trade organization participation, article placement, survey responses, directory listings, public relations, awards, and nominations.
- Identify and manage relevant organizations, conferences, and events for attorney participation.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop strategies to enhance the firm’s visibility and brand.
- Provide continuous assessment of existing business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Identify and coordinate firm sponsorships of conferences and hosted events that enhance the firm’s profile.
- Assist in creating marketing collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or Related Field.
- Four years of experience in a business development role, law firm experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills to prioritize work and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience building rapport and creating strong relationships with attorneys at all levels, as well as staff, to achieve results.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM software, and SharePoint.