Our complex litigation group attorneys have represented consumers, investors, and others in securities fraud, financial services, consumer rights, unfair competition, unfair business practices, product liability, mass tort, property rights, sports and ERISA claims. While a significant portion of our class action cases are part of multi-district litigation proceedings, we are also commonly involved in state court class actions across the country.
Select Representative Experience in Fraud | Products | Financial Institutions | Sports
- In re Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Marketing Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2672 (N.D. Cal.). Member of team representing consumers defrauded by concealment of devices which defeated clean air technology.
- In re NHL Concussion Injury Litigation, MDL 2551 (D. Minn.). Executive committee member representing retired players concerning the devastating long-term brain injuries including CTE, resulting from repeated concussive and sub-concussive blows sustained when playing in the NHL.
- In re CenturyLink Residential Customer Billing Disputes Litigation, MDL 1795 (D. Minn.). Executive committee member representing class for unlawful sales and billing practices in consumer fraud action.
- Thompson v. Allianz (D. Minn). Liaison counsel in class action asserting insurer breached life insurance contract by failing to correctly calculate benefits.
- In re Target Corporation Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL 2522 (D. Minn.). Member of lead counsel team representing financial institutions damaged by a data breach of customer payment cards.
- Haritos, et al. v. American Express Financial Advisors, (D. Ariz.). Represented consumers who purchased financial plans tainted by conflicts of interest; settlement of over $100 million was reached.
- Dryer, et al. v. National Football League (D. Minn). Represented retired football players for misappropriation of publicity rights.
- In re NCAA Student Athletic Concussion Litigation, MDL 2492 (N.D. Ill.). Represented of student athletes regarding long-term effects of repetitive concussive and sub-concussive blows.
- In re Boston Scientific Corporation Securities Litigation, (D. Mass.). Lead counsel in case asserting violations of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act related to misleading or false statements regarding a medical device recall.
- Rupp, et al. v. Thompson et al. (Minnesota Corn Processors) (Minn. Dist. Ct.). Represented unit holders in class action asserting breach of fiduciary duty and self-dealing against former officers and directors of an agricultural co-operative.
- Clark v. Experian Info. Serv. (N.D. Ill.). Represented credit reporting agency in defeating class certification by plaintiffs who alleged deceptive trade practices.
- In re Medtronic Sec. Litig. (D. Minn.). Represented securities purchasers alleging misrepresentations and omissions regarding adverse outcomes relating to medical device.
- Menzel v. Beneficial Loan & Thrift Co. (Minn. Dist. Ct.). Represented financial institutions in consumer class action by loan customers alleging improper addition of points to loan principal.
- Camden Asset Management, L.P. v. Sunbeam Corp. (S.D. Fla.). Represented debenture holders in class action based on company’s improper early recognition of sales to boost quarterly reported results.
- In re Hennepin County Recycling Bond Litig. (Minn. Dist. Ct.). Represented municipal bond holders in class action based on issuer’s unauthorized early redemption of their securities.