8050 West 78th Street
Edina MN 55439
Event Time Info:
Event Registration:Event Details and Registration
Your Guide to Navigating the Court System in a Divorce Case
Much has been said about the issues discussed in divorce. But what about the procedure? Are you intimately familiar with all the “musts” and “must-not’s” of family court? Let our seasoned attorney faculty walk you through a detailed step-by-step instruction on the mechanics of a divorce case. Streamline your motions practice and explore new and time-tried discovery techniques. Get sample forms and tactical tips to make your next case go more smoothly for you and the client. Register today!
- Get a refresher on how the divorce case moves through the court system to ensure no key steps are missed.
- Get a head-start on the case with sound advice for your client on what to do before announcing the decision to the spouse.
- Enhance your early investigation skills and learn when and how to decline representation.
- Make certain your initial court filings are impeccable to make the right impression on the judge.
- Explore the latest tools and sources in divorce e-discovery.
- Gain strategic tips for the timing and content of your pre-trial motions to give them maximum force.
- Review the process of obtaining protective orders in cases involving domestic violence.
- Augment substantive knowledge with clear understanding and mastery of the court mechanics and classic litigation strategy.
- Find out how the courts treat requests for support modification.
- Divorce Case Intake and Pre-Litigation Tactics
- Commencing Divorce Action
- Discovery Procedure
- Pre-Trial Motions Practice and Settlement Strategies
- Trial of a Divorce Case
- Enforcement and Post-Trial Modifications
Beth Wiberg Barbosa, Hellmuth & Johnson
Naomi S. Garfinkel, Garfinkel Marsh LLC
Zachary P. Marsh, Garfinkel Marsh LLC
This divorce law course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.