Event Location:Best Western Plus Eau Claire C 3340 Mondovi Road Eau Claire WI 54701
Event Time Info:
Event Registration:Event Details and Registration
Hellmuth & Johnson attorney, Scott Nelson, will be presenting at a full-day seminar on “Trusts From A to Z.” Scotts presentation will be from 1:55-3:10pm, and will focus primarily on marital trusts and special needs trusts.
For more information on the full day program please check out the information below.
Understand All the Wealth Planning Options Available to Your Clients
Planning your clients’ financial future and legacy is diverse and complex, with a unique tool for every unique client situation. In this fast-paced comprehensive program, our faculty will guide you through the plethora of trust options and give you a straightforward, incisive analysis of when and how each can be used for maximum effect. Explore the goals, functions, administration hurdles, and tax implications of the top trusts in the practice. Choose the best tool for the job every time – register today!
- Weigh all the pros and cons to select the best trust options for specific client situations.
- Anticipate tax consequences of various trusts.
- Use sample trust language our faculty provide to save drafting time and avoid mistakes.
- Clarify the powers and duties of trustees in different trusts.
- Compare living and testamentary trusts for straightforward estate planning.
- Distinguish between accounting and taxable income and learn how trust income tax is reported.
- Understand how ATRA has changed the practice of marital trusts and learn when they are still useful.
- Review common ethical missteps that can cost you your license – and how to avoid them.
- What are Trusts? Main Trust Principles
- Simple Testamentary Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts
- Tax Reduction with Trusts
- Generation Skipping/Dynasty Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Legal Ethics
- Marital Trusts in a Nutshell
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs)
- Grantor Trusts
- Other Trust Structures and Issues
Continuing Legal Education:
Credit Hrs State
CLE 6.75 – MN*
CLE 8.00 – WI*
Continuing Professional Education for Accountants – CPE for Accountants: 8.00
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants: 8.00 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00 *
* denotes specialty credits
This basic level seminar is designed for the professionals involved in creating and administering trusts:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Tax Managers
- Wealth Managers